2020 Sports Exchange Adviser (SEA)
For the 2020 program year, the US JET Program is seeking qualified athletic coaches to fill the following positions:
- Baseball Sports Exchange Adviser – Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- Baseball Sports Exchange Adviser – Hokkaido Prefecture, Japan
- Archery Sports Exchange Adviser – Ehime Prefecture, Japan
SPORTS EXCHANGE ADVISER (SEA)
SEA participants promote international exchange activities through certain designated sports. SEAs are generally placed in sporting facilities or boards of education where they assist with sports training. SEA duties are carried out as specified by the supervisor at individual Contracting Organizations.
Duties may include:
- Assistance in sports instruction affairs at the Contracting Organization (e.g. cooperating or advising on planning, designing, and implementing sports projects).
- Cooperation in sports training of promising local athletes.
- Cooperation in sports training of employees of the Contracting Organization and local residents.
- Advising and collaborating on sports activities of local private groups or organisations engaging in international exchange.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
March Application deadline
Announcement of results of first stage of screening process
(review of written applications)
April Second stage of screening process (interviews)
May Notification of successful Participant status and assignment of Contracting Organization for arrivals
May-2nd week of Dec Notification of upgrade to short-list candidate for alternates.
June-July Pre-Departure Orientation, preparation, etc.
Saturday, September 12 Departure from the US
Sunday, September 13 Arrival in Japan (appointments begin on September 14)
Applicants are required to submit the REQUIRED MATERIALS to the JET Program Office in Washington, D.C. via e-mail, regardless of their intended interview location.
- Read the 2020 SEA Application Guidelines in it’s entirety.
- Complete the Application Form and Self-Report of Medical Condition(s), making sure to sign both forms. Both e-signatures and hand-written signatures are acceptable.
- Complete the Essay (Statement of Purpose)
- Format: two pages double-spaced on letter-size paper (8.5×11) with one-inch margins and size 12 font. The two-page limit is strictly observed.
- Have two (2) reference writers write and complete Letters of Reference and e-mail them to the JET Program Office.
- Both letters should be signed and dated
- Only letters dated after January 31, 2020 will be accepted
- Letters written and/or sent directly by applicants will NOT be accepted.
- Scan your Certification of Graduation, Coaching Certifications (if applicable), and Proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Certifications of Graduation can be a scan of a diploma or official university transcripts. E-transcripts are acceptable but they must not be encrypted.
- Complete Criminal Record document (ONLY if applicable)
- ONLY for applicants with a criminal record
- The deadline to submit the record is your interview date. Please follow instructions provided by your interview office once you have passed the application process.
- Criminal record must be issued after September 1, 2019
- For more information please see the Criminal History Record Information
- Have a physician complete the Statement of Physician (ONLY if applicable)
Please send all required documents (except for the Criminal Record) as attachments in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 PM (HST) March 15, 2020. If the total size of your attached documents exceeds 7MB, please send your documents across multiple emails so that no attachments exceed 7MB.
|2020 JET Program Application (SEA) and Self-Report of Medical Conditions form
and prepare your Criminal History Record Information (ONLY if applicable)
|Statement of Purpose
In a Word document, you must submit an application statement of purpose / essay regarding your motivation for applying to the JET Program. Applicants should take this opportunity to address all of the following:
Applicants should take this opportunity not only to explain their motivation for applying, but also to showcase their knowledge of standard conventions for proper American English grammar and spelling.
| Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
|Certification of Graduation
Certification of Graduation from a university, vocational college, etc.
Any certifications or qualifications of coaching in one’s field of expertise (ONLY if applicable)
| Proof of U.S. Citizenship
Such as a U.S. passport, birth certificate, or completed naturalization papers.
|2020 Statement of Physician
Applicants are required to obtain a Statement of Physician form under the following circumstances:
Please send all required documents (except for the Criminal Record) as attachments in an e-mail to email@example.com no later than 11:59 (HST) March 15, 2020.